Change your Apple ID password: Apple products are renowned for their design and ease of use. Apple is making a lot of effort to provide a seamless experience. And the single Apple account that enables you to log in to all of your devices including your iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc. is the foundation for this next-level convenience across numerous devices. It’s essential to change passwords frequently to guard your privacy and sensitive information against security threats. This post will explain how to update your Apple ID password with just two clicks.
How to Change Your Apple ID Password iPhone, Ipad, iPod Touch
1. Open your phone, navigate to Settings, and select the name associated with your Apple ID.
Open your phone, go to Settings and click on your Apple ID name.
- In your ID screen, go to Password and Security. Then click on Change Password.
- In some cases, you may be offered to enter an iPhone passcode to prove your identity.
- Your next step will be to enter your actual password, a new one, and reaffirm the new password.
Great! It took just a few clicks.
How to reset your Apple ID Password on Mac
- ChooseApplemenu > System Preferences, then click Apple ID.
- ClickPassword & Security.
- Then on the ID screen, click the Change password button.
- After that, you should move to the next screen, enter your present password, and your renewed one, confirm your new Password, and press the Save button.
Well done! It took two clicks. To be sure that your passwords are strong, check out our comprehensive guide on how to create a strong password.
On your iOS device
- Go to Settings on your iPad, iPhone, or Apple Watch and select Password & Security by tapping on your name at the top.
- Decide on Change Password.
- Your device passcode must first be entered, followed by a new password and its confirmation.
- Click Change.
- Use your new password to log in to the main Settings screen to access Apple services and features.
People Also Ask:
Changing the Apple ID Password on an iPhone 12, iPhone 13, iPhone Xs, or iPhone Xs Max Results in What?
On iPhone 12 and iPhone 13, various files, including photos, contacts, calendar reminders, and other items, won’t change when the ID password is changed. However, if you chose to update them, the iBooks, podcasts, and subscriptions that are connected to your previous ID may cause issues.
How to Proceed If Your Updated Apple ID Settings Are Inoperable
When your iPhone 12 or new iPhone 13 is stuck on the “Update ID Settings,” you could occasionally struggle to figure out how to change the password. As you insert your ID password and tap Continue, does your iOS 15 crash? Your smartphone is unable to log in, and your screen and settings turn grey.
You will be prompted to check in with your Apple ID after setting up your new iPhone 12 or iPhone 13 in order to access all services that can be linked to your iCloud account.